2017年7月29日土曜日

Senior 2-Jul.29th

1. Read & Write Unit 8  Before Writing
- Grammar: Infinitives of Purpose A=> B: write “because” clause as well. => Compare 
- Writing Skill: Writing Concluding Sentences.  A=> B: Write a concluding sentence for each par.
1. There is no better way than telling the truth. Lying never develops good relationship.
2. Alex is my best friend (who I can always count on/who never lies).
3. Kindness sometimes makes people/me lie/not to tell the truth.
People/I sometimes tell a lie/don’t tell the truth (just) to be kind
=> Blog 1~6 Q-Classroom: Writing Skills – Writing Concluding Sentences
Read the paragraphs. Write a concluding sentence for each paragraph.
1. I don’t like to lie but I wanted to help him.  2. Honesty can lead to riches that are more valuable than money.  3. No matter what happens, always be honest.  4. Now, instead of lying, I just say, “I don’t know.”  5. Now I try to believe students more.  6. For me, honesty is the best policy.
2. Cover to Cover Unit 10  Wise Words   Part 2  American Sayings
- Read w/CD-> Read the sayings (1-7) aloud
=> Blog Task-1 Paraphrase each saying in one sentence. Use “you” as the subject.
1. Cleanliness is next to godliness. (Par.1) It’s so important to clean yourself and your place.
2. Waste not, want not. (Par.2) If you don't waste what you have, you'll still have it in the future and will not lack (want) it.
3. You’ve made your bed, now you have to lie in it. (Par.2)  When you make certain choices or commitment, you’re obliged to be responsible for the implementation and consequences
4. There’s more than one way to skin a cat. (Par.3)  You can always find more than one way to do something.
5. It’s not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game. (Par.5)  When you play a game, you shouldn’t just worry about the result but should try to play at our best and fairly.
6. Everyone loves a winner. (Par.5)  The winner of the game is the person or group that is always praised.
7. If you can’t beat’em, join’em! (Par.7)  If your competitor/rival is stronger than you, it’s better to join them.
=> Ind. Speaking  Which saying do you like the best? Explain in 60 sec.
- Read Par.4 aloud=>WS Task-2 Par. 4を日本語にしなさい。
3. Interest of the Day: Checking in at a Hotel (5:41)
4. Tactics for Listening Unit 15 Hotel Services
Listening-2  Describe the two requests each guest makes in the present tense in reported speech. 
=> Blog Practice using the phrases; 
=> Speak in English. <= Post the answers
1. 私の名前はGoodrich, Ron Goodrichです.  5泊の予定で一部屋予約してあります。
  My name is Goodrich, Ron Goodrich. I booked a room for five nights.
2. 私の部屋はたばこでひどく臭い。違う部屋にして欲しい
     The room I got smells badly with cigarette smoke. I want a different room.
3. 隣の部屋の人がうるさくて眠れない。すぐに何とかして欲しい
    The people/guests in the next room are so noisy that I can’t sleep. Please do something right away. 
4. 来週水曜日まで滞在するはずだったが、予定が変更になった。明日チェックアウトする必要がある。(be supposed to)
    I was supposed to stay until next Wednesday but my schedule has changed. I need to check out tomorrow.
5. チェックアウトします。荷物を取りに来て欲しい
    I’m checking out. Please send someone to pick up/have someone pick up my bags/baggage.
5. Listening-3  Describe a staying experience at a hotel or inn.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿