Eiken Lis 2017-2
Inside Reading Unit 8 Reading-1 Museum Theft
- Blog Review the main ideas of the article in four to six sentences.
- Words & Phrases [Intro-L1] Dic display (v) to arrange something or a collection of things so that it can be seen by the public; show, present : The photos were displayed on the wall - to show a feeling (n); exhibit, presentation
[L3] artifact an object, such as a tool, that was made in the past: The museum has artifacts of prehistoric times. [L3] pottery dishes, bowls, and other objects made from baked clay [L8] preserve - to keep sth as it is to prevent it from decaying or to protect it from being damaged/destroyed - (food) to treat it in a particular way so it can be kept for a long time without going bad [P2-L18] valuable [L18] unique [L23] secure-security [L25] valuable object<- item [P4-L48] commit-committed - to promise to give yourself, your money, your time to support sth; deliver, promise - to do something illegal or considered wrong; act, carry out: ~ a crime/suicide
> Vocabulary Activities G. Group Check the answers-> Read aloud
Read & Write Unit 7 Buy or Reuse Reading 1: Think Before You Toss #1
- Read w/Q-Classroom
- Words/Expressions: (par.1) wear out, torn<-tear (par.3) contribute, to name a few (par.4) make room for, dump (par.5) dump site, lesson
- Reading Skill: Identifying Fact and Opinion-> A. -> B.
- What do you think? -1: Think about the item(s) you threw away recently. Do you think it could/should have been used longer or repaired, or you should have bought a new one?
=> Speak your answer in 60 sec
- Use the Conditional Type-3: could/should have used, shouldn’t have thrown away, could have been repaired
- Try these: not any/no longer, worth –ing, became too ~, worn out, unrepairable, not function (properly), useless
=> Blog Write three to five sentences to explain what you did and should/shouldn’t/could have done.