Eiken Lis 2017-1
Inside Reading Unit 7 Reading-2 2-D Bar Codes
- Before You Read Which type of bar code do you see more often, the one with bars or shapes?
- Title: 2-D Bar Codes two-dimensional <- dimension
Dic dimension [dɪˈmɛn ʃən, daɪ-] a measurement of something in a particular direction (height, length, width); measure, size, : Specify the dimensions (= the height, length and width) of sth.
-> dimensional [dɪˈmɛn ʃənl, daɪ-] having measurements in the stated directions: a three-dimensional figure
1-D, 2-D, 3-D: ~ film, computer graphics, video games, scanning, printing/printer,
- [L3] UPC bar codes <- Universal Product Code
2D barcode vs. QR Code
There are actually several different types of 2D barcode. The best known include QR Code® (pioneered in the 1990s by Japanese company Denso), Aztec code, MaxiCode (used by the US postal service), Semacode and more.
- Preview: Skim the text: Title, Subheadings, Photos and captions, Chart
=> The difference between 1-D and 2-D bar codes and how 2-D bar code is used.
- Reading Comprehension: Mark the key words to look for. T/F, Mark the line #, Correct false statements.